Life is a little less crazy at the moment thanks to Reading Week, which means I can finally catch up on my very long overdue SLOGs!
In Week #4, our main focus was Assignment #1. Luckily, I had a group that I had worked with frequently from CSC165, and we still worked together very well. I was particularly interested in this assignment because one of the reasons I got into computer science was that I was really interested in video games. Although this was a really basic video game, I enjoyed being able to experience the process behind it. One thing that I definitely learned from this assignment was just how much effort had to go into all of the little details, like style checking, and docstrings (something that has always been the bane of my existence). Thank god I had other group members with me, I think I would have gone crazy if I had tried to do all that by myself.
Week #5 was pretty crazy, because I had, in addition to my CSC test, a Political Science paper due and an English test on the same day! Combined with an appointment I had on Thursday that forced me to miss my tutorial, not a lot of time this week for this class in particular. Luckily, I think I already had a pretty good understanding of Stacks and Queues from previous experience. It was definitely a good refresher though, doing the lab on my own time.
Week #6 was the beginning of our work with Trees which was definitely a really interesting aspect of recursion, and will probably from a lot of food for thought for next week's SLOG. Watching everyone walk around and recreate the tree in real life was a really good way for helping to understand it. This lab this week was pretty fun as well, except for a weird error I had when trying to use Gather_lists on lists that contained multiple nested lists with different depths. Although I got closer to a solution, I wasn't able to actually solve the problem entirely, which is something to work on for next time!
I really admire you for being able to keep up with work even with all that's going on! You've really been able to pull through (and pull me through with you, haha). It's cool to think that we entered CompSci for similar reasons, and that gather_lists was just as annoying for you as it was for me.
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks yeah, I had a weird semester of a few really busy weeks and a lot of weeks where I did literally nothing
Delete